The Law Office of Bonnie C. Mangan, P.C. can assist you with estate planning legal services.
Estate planning is the process done by individuals or families, arranging for the transfer of assets in anticipation of death. Death is a circumstance that we often do not want to think about, never mind ‘anticipate’, but an estate planning process done properly will ensure that loved ones and beneficiaries are left with limited procedures and hassle.
An estate plan that is prepared properly will also preserve the maximum amount of wealth possible to be passed on to beneficiaries. A major concern for drafters of estate plans is federal and state tax law, so hiring the help of an attorney experienced in estate law is advantageous in multiple ways.
Other Facts to Know About Estate Planning
- An estate is the total property, real and personal, owned by an individual prior to distribution through a trust or will
- Real property is real estate and personal property includes everything else, for example cars, household items, and bank accounts
- Estate planning distributes the real and personal property to an individual’s heirs
- Wills and trusts are common ways in which individuals pass on their wealth and legacies to beneficiaries when using estate planning legal services
- A Living Will is a legal document included in Estate Planning. It is a written statement detailing a person’s wishes in regards to their medical treatment, should a circumstances occur in which an individual can no longer express informed consent.
The Law Office of Bonnie C. Mangan, P.C. includes the service of drafting a Living Will for clients at no charge, as part of an Estate Planning legal service. If you would like to begin the process of creating a Living Will you can start with filling out a simple form, here.
Not sure if you need an Estate Plan or a Will? Check here.
You can contact the Law Office of Bonnie C. Mangan to set up an a no charge consultation: